We use our Natural Yoghurt, Cream and Milk to make delicious light and fluffy scones!
2 x 500g tubs of SR Flour
- Approx 4 dessertspoons of icing sugar (optional)
- 200g tub of Mungalli Creek Natural Yoghurt
- 200g tub of Cream (single or double)
- Approx 200ml of milk (adjust up or down as required)
Small batch: approx 20 scones
- Measure flour and icing sugar and place in the large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center
- In a smaller bowl mix yoghurt, cream and milk, and whisk until well combined and pour into flour. The quantity of liquid should flow just to the top of the flour, almost to the point of overflowing.
- Using a knife or large metal spatula cut the liquid gently through the flour until well combined. The dough should be moist and springy but able to be kneaded without mixture coming off on hands – if too wet just add some more flour.
- Knead gently for a few minutes either in bowl or on a floured bench.
- Roll out on the bench with a floured rolling pin to a max of 1.5 – 2cm thick.
- Once rolled out spread a thin layer of flour across the top and then cut with scone cutter and place next to each other – each scone should butt up against the next – on an ungreased baking tray.
- Bake in hot oven (200°C) for approx. 20 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
For savoury herb scones leave out the caster sugar and add ½ cup of fresh chopped herbs from the garden and a pinch of salt.