Our Three Cheese Pie combines our quark, fetta and havarti to create a pie oozing with cheesy goodness!
Makes 6 Pies
- 250g Mungalli Creek Dairy Quark
- 300g Mungalli Creek Dairy Fetta in Brine
- 1 ½ cups Mungalli Creek Dairy Havarti cheese (or similar), grated
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup of Mungalli Creek Dairy cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Chives chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seeded or dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Break eggs into a bowl; add cream and mix with a whisk till well combined.
- Add quark, fetta, havarti, chopped chives, salt, pepper, mustard and nutmeg and stir well with large spoon.
- Mixture should be a firm consistency if too wet add more cheese.
- Roll out pastry onto floured surface as thin as possible.
- Use large saucer to cut rounds.
- Take round of pastry and cut from edge to centre and overlap to fit easily into large muffin trays.
- Spoon filling into cases and bake in oven uncovered for approx 20-25 minutes turning regularly until brown and set.
- Serve warm with a garden salad – ENJOY!
When cool, wrap in cling wrap, label with made date and store in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for 2 months.