Serve these crispy ricotta fritters in a rich tomato sauce and you’ll have everyone asking for seconds!
Crispy Ricotta Fritters
Serve these crispy ricotta fritters in a rich tomato sauce and everyone will be licking their bowls clean! This recipe is effortlessly gourmet and makes the perfect midweek meal.
1 tub Mungalli Ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1 whole nutmeg for grating or pinch of ground nutmeg
40g Parmesan cheese
1 heaped tablespoon plain flour
Ghee or olive oil
2 tins crushed tomato or 700g passata
4 anchovy fillets
1 dried red chilli
2 cloves of garlic
Small handful of black olives
1/2 a bunch of fresh basil
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, then add the ricotta, finely grate in ¼ of the nutmeg or a good pinch of grated nutmeg, the lemon zest and Parmesan. Add the flour, then beat together.
- Add a spoonful of Ghee or olive oil into the frying pan, then use a tablespoon to spoon in 8 large dollops of the ricotta mixture, turning carefully when each fritter is nice and golden!
- In a seperate saucepan, add another spoonful of ghee and crumble in the dried chilli and crushed garlic. Cook until fragrant then add the passata or tinned tomatoes, anchovies and season with sea salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil.
- Squash and add the olives, discarding the stones. Pick and reserve a few basil leaves, then chop the rest and add to the sauce.
- Place the fritters on top of the sauce, then scatter over the reserved basil leaves, drizzle with balsamic and serve with lemon wedges.
- Enjoy, just try not to eat the plate too!
See the original recipe here